Sunday, October 3, 2010

I Have Returned from NRA Women's Wilderness Escape.

I have returned from my coaching assignment at the NRA's Women's Wilderness Escape.  I spent 13 days out west and most of that time was spent at the beautiful NRA Whittington Center, outside of Raton, New Mexico.  The weather was in the high eighties during the day.

They've made some unbelieveable changes since I was there last.  The various shooting ranges they've built are truly world class.  I also saw some huge Mule Deer bucks and a couple very large Bull Elk while I was there.  They also harvested a 400 pound Black Bear that had become a major nuisance to the participants of the WWE.

My assignment was on the Rifle/Carbine range.  I worked with several excellent instructors and coaches from around the US.  The ladies seemed to really enjoy the Whittington Center and the events that we had planned for them.  The days were long and the work was hard but in the end it was all worth it.  It was fun but I am glad to be back home.